Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Qe, we have an apple computer in our study & I have a laptop

Customer Question

JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: we have an apple computer in our study & I have a laptop maybe macbook? I am a computer pleb. but these last few days whenever we turn on either computer we have no access until we reboot, then when we shut down & power up there is nil responce until we reboot?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not that I am aware of, maybe I did a google chrome thing
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: non, I thought it was only me, until this morning Hu said there is something wrong with our system. I have the laptop & he has a real computer in his study, we are both having to reboot everytime we want to use either computer, I am very sorry I am not a computer person, if it works is all good but I do not know how to trouble shoot
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did not know there was such a person? I just googled for HELP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you say that you don't have any 'access', which type of "Access" are you referring to?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,