Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I am trying to reset the password on my son's Samsung Ipad,

Customer Question

I am trying to reset the password ***** my son's Samsung Ipad
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Has never been reset, the ipad was hacked and I took it into Best Buy. They wiped the ipad clean. Now I am trying to set up the ipad again. I forgot the original password.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just help getting the ipad set up so we can use it again Also want to correct the phone number that is on the ipad.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

To reset the password ***** the apple id for your sons ipad, you need to know the email address that his ipad was registered to originally.. Then, follow the steps below to reset the password.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your apple id.

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My son's e-mail is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My cell phone is(###) ###-#### my home phone is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what do I do now?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

I tried to accept your remote support request, and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card blocks the tranasaction. A quick call to them usually clears that block.

In the meantime, did you try resetting the apple ID password ***** the link and i nstructions I sent, and entering your sons email address for the apple ID ?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

On a side note, I j ust tried to send an apple id password ***** to the email address for your son. And apples system says that its not his apple id.

Do you know his last used apple id? the one icloud and itunes and the apple store was registered to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my bank just called me, I authorized charges. Try the charge card again
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Ive sent the offer back to you to be approved..

Before I can connect, I need to know if you have a mac, or a windows pc that I will be connecting to and helping you on.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My computer is Windows PC, My son's ipad is Samsung. His email is***@******.***His ipad is connected through my Windows pc.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Ahhh.. So its a gmail account and an android tablet your son has, not an ipad.

Are you certain that t he forrest murphy gmail account was the one your son used when he originally setup the tablet?

I ask because, gmail / google does not have any reocvery information for that account.. meaning, we cant use another email, or a security question, or even a phone number to recover the password ***** that account.

is it possible that your son is using a computer that still has access to the forest murphy gmail account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I purchased the tablet last year. The salesman set up the on the tablet. After some problems with the tablet, I took to Geek Squad at Best Buy. They wiped the tablet clean and now I am trying to set up the table again so that we can use it.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

is it absolutely necessary to set it up using the old gmail account?

Have you tried creating and using a new gmail account in order to setup and use the tablet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
were you able to connect with the tablet ?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

The remote session wasnt approved unfortunately.. and with that being said Theres no way I could connect with the tablet itself, not unless it was working and signed into the internet.

What I suggest, is creating a brand new gmail account. And then trying to use that to activate the tablet.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

When you can, let me know if creating a new gmail account helped you to get back into the tablet.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you after you read my response? Did you still need help with this issue, if so please respond. Otherwise please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, and to close out the question.

Dustin S