Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I AM not sure anyone can help, 10.4.11, yesterday I

Customer Question

i AM not sure anyone can help
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: 10.4.11
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yesterday I installed cleanmymac Generally there seem to be no updates available -- mail crashes --- I want to get rid of so much mail. I am writing from a different Mac. My genealogical work is in the old Titanium and I am worried I am losing it also nothing happens when clicking on desktop icons ... I was hunting online and am unsure how you came to be there but it is nice to not be alone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: can you give me an example of trouble shooting methods?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Perhaps I can help. Have you tried using the Disk Utility to repair file permissions on your boot volume? Please try that. That can often restore things from the well-known "icons don't respond to clicks" issue.