Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I want to add google to my computer dock .. I have a MacBook

Customer Question

I want to add google to my computer dock .. I have a MacBook Air
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 10.11.6 El Capitain .. the most up to date
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: With Safari ? or any other other
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but I wish to add Chrome after adding google
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you want Google Chrome application to be added to your dock ? If so, is it already installed and do you see it in Applications folder ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Go to this website and download Chrome -->

or download from here -->

This will download the googlechrome.dmg file. So double click on the downloaded googlechrome.dmg file and it will open the files in Installer (If you don't see the downloaded file, then in Finder, click on Go menu and select Downloads). Now you will see Google Chrome and Applications folder in a Finder window. So just click and drag the Google Chrome to Applications folder. This will copy it to Applications folder. Then open Applications folder and double click on Chrome to open it. This will open the Chrome.

Now, hold down Control key and click on the Google Chrome icon on dock, select Options and tap Keep in Dock. This will install it in dock.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it