Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Apple watch, which I mostly use to track my activity and

Customer Question

My Apple watch, which I mostly use to track my activity and is the main reason I bought it, has started to just NOT do it on several days--0 steps, 0 calories, etc. Not sure what to do about it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 4 months ago.

Hi. I can try to help. A picky point, but one worth asking nevertheless: have you checked the battery?

Also, press and hold the side button FOR AT LEAST TEN SECONDS until you see the Apple logo. If you ALSO see a red lightning bolt icon, the watch needs to be charged. Small devices have very weak batteries.

Finally, you may have to force reboot. Press the Digital Crown and the side button AND HOLD THEM FOR AT LEAST TEN SECONDS until the Apple icon appears. If you see the logo but the watch face is still black after restart--and you HEAR a spoken description instead of seeing one--you have VoiceOver activated, which you must deactivate as follows:

Execute the Watch app on your Apple iPhone.

Choose General->Accessibility->VoiceOver

Turn off ScreenCurtain

Turn off VoiceOver

Please try all of these diagnostic steps and let me know what happens. Thank you so much. Good luck!