technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science
65369237

I can not get it to charge, had a new battery installed and

Customer Question

I can not get it to charge, had a new battery installed and a new charging port and I still can not get it to turn on. .
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I am sorry - I have a I Pad not a Mac- I ask the wrong tech.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I know I have but, I don't know when. It just started not to keep a charge, so I thought it was the battery.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I plugged it into I tune but it not responding that its reading my I Pad.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No-
Category: Mac
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Do you ever see anything on the screen on the ipad, or does the screen light up at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no- nothing lights up? When I had the battery installed he said it started up ok, but when I got it home, nothing happen. So I took it back and then he said it was not eh battery it was the charger port. He replaced that and it still does not work.

If a repair shop worked on the unit, did you see anything working before you picked it up from them and/or paid for the repair?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I first plug it into my charger for my car, it lit up so I could see the apple starting to appear. It then disappeared and nothing has happen since.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HOw would you switch to remote assistance its a ipad

Have you tested your charger with another ipad or device to make sure it is working?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Please try this. Hold the sleep/wake button and the home button down at the same time for at least 30 seconds. If you see anything, then release the buttons. Let me know the result of this test.

Did you see anything on the screen from this test? Please reply to me in the box below. Thank You.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing happens!

Did you try this with the charger plugged in, and without? Do you ever see a battery icon when the charger is plugged in or when it is not?

Also, since you mention your car charger, have you tried reconnecting to it to see if there is any change? Ipads can be finicky on chargers and currents, so I would try this as a troubleshooting step, and then let me know what happens. Thanks.