Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am on a mac desktop.when i clicked on iphoto it asked me

Customer Question

hi. i am on a mac desktop.when i clicked on iphoto it asked me to choose a new library - since i did this all my photos have disappeared- they are work photos which i need
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: its an imac. operating system OSX version 10.9.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. but i was messing around looking for a scanned image and since then iphoto not working
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i am not good on a mac technically- i just use it to drwa on I have looked for it in trash- and also at the right hand corner magnify glass
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just the newly created iphoto libary comes up
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Hold down Option key on your keyboard, and open iPhoto and it will ask you to choose library. Select your original iPhoto Library and open it. Does it load the photos ?