Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

I have 172 photos I want to make into JPG # Proofs and send

Customer Question

I have 172 photos I want to make into JPG # Proofs and send to a new
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: clients hightail account. How do I do that.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: My Mac Pro is 5 weeks old and has the latest IPHOTO
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. I don't know how to do it.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean you want to convert the 172 photos into JPG's in one go as a batch convert?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to convert the l72 photos into JPGs in one go as a batch convert and send to clients I am operating
OSX El Capitan 10:11
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** this

1. From the Finder, select your group of images and open them all with Preview, do this either by launching the image files directly or dragging and dropping them into the Preview Dock icon
  2. Once the images are opened in Preview, click within the preview pane on the left side and then Select All, either by hitting Command+A or by pulling down the edit menu and choosing that option – you must select all the images to convert
  3. Pull down the File menu and choose “Export Selected Images…”
  4. Optionally, create a new folder for the converted pictures to save to, otherwise simply select the destination for the files to save to
  5. Now select the desired image format to batch convert all the selected image files to You will want to select JPG
  6. Click “Choose” to save and begin the conversion process

A progress indicator bar will appear over the pictures letting you know things are progressing:

Once done, they are then converted for you

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The JPGs need to be numbered so client can order and I need to send to a hightail account
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, you can use this program to rename them to a numbering system for this