Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Setting up new Mac, migration assistant stuck at what looks

Customer Question

Setting up new Mac, migration assistant stuck at what looks like around 45% telling me 26 hours to go ... has been running for 2 days now
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Just to clarify, I'm a PC guy not much Mac experience and have been asked to do this for Bosses wife!
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Unknown, have walked into this one cold. They are both desktop Macs, the new one is brand new 30 something inch, the older one is probably 4 years old. I can't seem to switch back to the desktop to check anyhting without cancelling the migraiton
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just made sure neither computer has hung so far
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I'm a complete Mac noob I guess ... I see one of these about every 2 years and only to get them playing on MS networks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me if it has progresses at all since you posted this question?

Thank you