Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do i get rid of it directs me to yahoo

Customer Question

How do i get rid of it directs me to yahoo search engine insteach of my google search engine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

First download and scan with your Mac with this Anti malware application -->

(If you don't see the downloaded Malwarebytes antimalware file, then click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "MBAM-Mac-" file there. Double click on it to open)

This application will find and delete malware and adwares that hijack the browsers.

Once you did that, open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Preferences. Under Search tab, change the search to Google.

Then click on General, and change the home page to something else if it is Snowsuit.

Please let me know if that didn't work or if you are different browser, please let me know and I will continue to help you