Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

It's stuck in guest mode, I just downloaded the latest OX,

Customer Question

It's stuck in guest mode
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I just downloaded the latest OX
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried shutting down and restating, tried restarting and holding down "option" while it chimes, then logging into my wireless and clicking Macintosh HD which is the only option...
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is nothing in guest mode except safari
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To start up into Safe Mode (to Safe Boot), do this:

1. Be sure your Mac is shut down.
  2. Press the power button.
  3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
  4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the upper right hand side, click first aid. Then click run first aid.

Then reboot and see if you can sign into normal user acct. Let me know the results and we will go from there.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin