Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a Mac Mini purchased new late 2014. I am trying to

Customer Question

I have a Mac Mini purchased new late 2014. I am trying to use my preexisting Adobe InDesign CS3 and am unable to locate a tool menu. I find it listed under the Window menu but no tool display when checked. Do I need an upgrade, and if so, what one?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry for the delayed response. Your question was some posted in wrong category. Now it is in correct category.

InDesign CS3 is not officially compatible with latest OS X which I suppose your Mac have (2014 Macs comes with Yosemite and later). In fact, it was not even coded and designed to run on 10.6 or later (although you may be able to install and run it but not at full functionality). So you can expect these kind of problems on latest OS Xs. I'd recommend to upgrade to latest Adobe CC for better compatibility and optimum usage of your Mac --> http://www.adobe.com/products/indesign.html

If you want, we can troubleshoot the current InDesign and see if it works. But I must warn you. Since this program is not designed for latest OS X, troubleshooting may create more problems.

Close InDesign. Then in Finder, hold down Option key, click on Go menu at the top and select Library. This will open Library folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the Adobe Indeisn or InDesign folder. If you see any files starting with com.adobe.Indesign.... there, then trash them.

Then go back to Library folder, open Caches folder and trash Adobe or Indesign or folders starting with com.adobe...

Then open InDesign. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.