Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

IMac keeps logging me out shortly after boot-up and arriving

Customer Question

IMac keeps logging me out shortly after boot-up and arriving at the desktop screen. I've tried the obvious stuff in safe mode and just performed a PRAM as well. Stuck as to what is causing the problem.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: A reasonable amount. Had it a number of years
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Good question, can't really remember. I do have a time aching back-up though. This problem only developed after having left the machine on a few days whilst I was away ( and it went into sleep mode)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have started it up in safe mode and change the privacy settings (log out after X minutes) and I have done a PRAM reset.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also changed the start-up programs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the power cable please and then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power and tell me if it now operates correctly please.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

Go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General tab select the lock at the bottom and enter your password ***** go to Advanced make sure Log out after ?? Minutes of Inactivity is not checked.