Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Tried to download some photos from my camera SD card to my

Customer Question

Tried to download some photos from my camera SD card to my MacBook Pro. Now I am locked in an endless "import" cycle that will not let me stop the import, exit iphoto, or even shut down, no matter what I try. Just tells me that import is in progress. It's not. "DEVICES" shows a camera icon labeled "NO NAME" and a whirling circle. HELP
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you might have to try unplugging the camera from the MacBook, in order to break the endless spinning-wheel cycle.

It's something to try. Let me know how it goes, please.