Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I can't install. Message reads the my "Firefox profile

Customer Question

I can't install. Message reads the my "Firefox profile cannot be loaded." What does that mean. Why can't I use Firefox as browser. I've used it in forever in past. But can download after I lost it in an update?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

You will need to reset your Firefox profile settings by following the instructions below:

- Open a Finder window.

- In the top menu bar, click Go > Go to Folder

- In the box that comes up, type the following and click OK: ~/Library/Mozilla/

In the folder that comes up, locate the profiles.ini file, right click it, and choose Move to trash

- In the box that comes up, type the following and click OK: ~/Library/Application Support/Mozilla

- Now you can open Mozilla Firefox without any problems.

If you wish for me to do this for you, please click the "Accept this offer" button for the Secure Remote Assistance session.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason