Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

G'day, So how do we do this? I have a 2009 Macbook that I

Customer Question

G'day
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: So how do we do this? I have a 2009 Macbook that I wanted to do a clean instal on last night and wanted to erase the drive but erased the firmware by mistake. Now on boot-up I have a folder flashing with a question mark on it. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2009 Model A1181 and was running Lion.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no all was good till I erased the drive.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to re-instal Lion from original flash drive. Repositioned partitions. Start with recovery mode, Tried booting from a firmware disk from apple but it was a newer version than the one that was on the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is about it. Oh and tried to locate original firmware and do not know where to find it online. The serial number is###-##-####1
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I would like to bow out and not be charged anymore and my details deleted. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Firmware and recovery partitions are different. Erasing the hard drive will not delete firmware but only recovery partition.

If you want to continue, please let me know. If you don't want to continue, then I will request JustAnswer to cancel this question and refund you. Let me know

BTW You only have to pay if you are 100% satisfied