Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a problem with my airport time capsule and express

Customer Question

i have a problem with my airport time capsule and express connecting only to one device. this just happened when the internet provider sort of fixed our connection 3 days ago and the problem of single connection started.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: el capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes i did. but the other 4 gadgets not yet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restarting and resetting
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Do you mean that only one machine can get to the internet through the express router or that only one can use the time machine on it?

is it always the same device or does it switch but only one at a time can use it ?

I may be gone for the afternoon but i will be back to work with you later tonight or tomorrow. I would not normally do that but it looks as if nobody else was giving you an answer very quickly so i wanted to at least let you know that i would help you when i get into my office.