Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have just purchased an ipad2 in a pure.gear case. I turned

Customer Question

I have just purchased an ipad2 in a pure.gear case. I turned it on expecting to get some support in setting it up (i.e. a screen asking for my wifi password) but cannot seem to get it to do anything. This must be very simple ? ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a brand-new iPad?

Is the screen asking for your wi-fi / wireless password? If yes, does it let you enter any character?

Or what is currently showing on the screen now?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is brand new. I only have a blank screen. The blue wi-fi light is blinking. I am sure I have to give it a pass-code, but it has not asked. I currently have my old apple ipad on. Century Link modem is zyxel pk50000z. It was charged when I purchased it from Verizon,.

Thank you. Please try to reboot the iPad with the following step:

- Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

; (That should work; otherwise, you got a bad iPad.)

- Is there anything on the screen now after trying the above step?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Also, your wi-fi / wireless password, which is Key / Passphrase, is at the back / bottom of your Century ZyXel modem. It is case-sensitive.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,