GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have an Apple Desktop computer I bought last year 2015. I

Customer Question

I have an Apple Desktop computer I bought last year 2015. I just upgraded the Operating System and it's now in a loop where the computer won't boot up. It starts, blacks out and restarts and continues in a loop. What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. You may be able to resolve this issue by starting your MAC in SAFE mode. Please try the following:

Try running it in Safe Boot mode and see if you run into issues:

Restart your Mac

As soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the SHIFT key

Continue to hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator.

Then, let go of the Shift key and let it boot to the Desktop (it may take longer than usual so please be patient).

Please let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Sometimes restarting in safe mode will give the Operating System a chance to repair whatever is wrong.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. The next logical course of action would be to start with a clean slate and reinstall the Operating System.

Please note: I will be away for a couple of hours, so please forgive me if I don't respond immediately. I will check on you as soon as I return. Thank you for your patience!