Robert, consultant
Experience:  many years in the computer consulting industry

It is totally dead. It worked fine the last time I booted it

Customer Question

It is totally dead. It worked fine the last time I booted it (a few days) It is a Macbook
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is possible that my cat(s) walked on the keyboard
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have 4 Macbooks. I think I upgraded the operating system. I can't be sure without booting it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have held down the power button with no result It is totally dead. I have tried booting holding the shift and command button while pushing the power button It is an older Macbook
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want this thing to bot. The battery is fully charged and the power cord functions perfectly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

My cats walk on my keyboard all the time. They can be royal pests.

But as much damage as they can do to a document i am typing or the website i am on or even some of the computer display options.

It is not possible for them to render the computer unbootable where nothing happens when you push the power button.

that is a physical problem and it would require repair. It might be a bad mother board it might be as simple as a wire broke somewhere in the power supply. There is no real way to know without having an expert actually look at it and take it apart.