Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

THE DESKTOP DISPLAY IS LARGER THAN THE SCREEN. I HAVE A

Customer Question

THE DESKTOP DISPLAY IS LARGER THAN THE SCREEN. I HAVE A WINDOWS USB KEYBOARD.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: IT IS A MAC MINI, FULLY UPGRADED, NEW. I CAN'T GET TO THE FINDER BUTTON, IT'S OFF THE SCREEN.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: YES, I INSTALLED A SECURITY UPDATE AND WHEN IT FINISHED WITH THE REBOOT THE DISPLAY WAS CHANGED.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I WAS TRYING THE "HOLD THE CNTL KEY AND THE SCROLL KEY DOWN AT THE SAME TIME" THING. NO CHANGE.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. Either the resolution setting is corrupted or the Zoom feature is turned on. Let's try turning off Zoom. Go to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility. Then turn off Zoom in there. Or try pressing Command, Option and 8 at same time to turn off Zoom.

If that didn't work, then then go to System Preferences > Displays and select a different resolution. If that didn't work, then reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac.

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command(Windows)-Option(alt)-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting