David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

I have multiple (at least 2) Apple IDs and passwords. This

Customer Question

I have multiple (at least 2) Apple IDs and passwords. This main problem with this is that when I set up my first ASpple ID 10 or so years ago, my email address identifier was a "Comcast" email address, which I no loner have as we switched to Verizon FIOS.I did set up an Apple ID with my GMAIL address, but all of my accounts are now messed up. I cannot log into iTunes or the App Store to download or purchase anything.How do I resolve this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Your Apple ID is made up of two parts.

1. Username

2. Password

Your username is ***** ***** address. This does not mean that you need access to that email address. It is just the username part of your Apple ID.

It is better if you stick to your original Apple ID because any purchases you have made in the last 10 years are linked to it. If you forgot your password *****'s easy to reset it.

You should reset the password ***** your original Apple ID that has the comcast email address, and log into your devices using this Apple ID. It doesn't matter if you cannot access your comcast email address any more. You can reset using security questions.

Please go here to reset your original Apple ID's password:

When you have reset the password, sign in on your iPhone, iPod and iPad using the comcast email as username and the new password ***** chose.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Are you Ok with those instructions? If you need to ask anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Please take a minute to open the question page and use the star rating to rate 3-5 stars, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I followed your instructions but when I went to "Sign in to iTunes Store" to download an app I was instructed to "Enter the password ***** my AppleID (under the GMAIL address which I had subsequently set up. How do I wipe out that GMAIL address now
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

You can sign out first, then sign in with the right Apple ID. Sign out of iCloud, iTunes Store, App Store, Messages, FaceTime and Game Centre.

Full instructions here:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did that. Now when I try to enter the new PW into iTunes I get the following error message: Your AppleID isn't associated with a content provider in iTunes Connect (2002)
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Please try sign into using the Apple ID and let me know what happens. Thank you.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Do you get the same error on all devices using that Apple ID?