Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My computer has been infected with something. Safari is

Customer Question

My computer has been infected with something. Safari is stuck at URL: A voice is repeating over and over: You computer has been infected by malware call this number immediately. (the number is *****There is a sign-in box asking for my screen name and password. I won't accept my screen name or password.The page is gray with black type that demands I call Online Support for MAC Toll Free at 1-***-***-****.I have no idea if this is a legitimate Apple support number or just more scamming. Would you send me a good support number? Or have someone call me at(###) ###-#### i'm typing this on my back up computer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Please do not enter any passwords or info in the virus popup. The password ***** info you did enter, that wasnt for your icloud or apple id was it?

We need to t ry and remove the problem. Shut down the computer, hold power if neccesary.

Then, start the computer and hold down the left SHIFt key as soon as you press power to start the mac. This will start you in safe mode.

Once you are in safe mode. Follow these steps to remove the v irus. ( or , I can connect and remove it for you )

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you viewed my last response.

Did you still need help with this issue, if so please respond when you can. Otherwise, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating so we can close the question out.

Thank you,

Dustin S