Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have just had the battery replaced in my I Pad because it

Customer Question

I have just had the battery replaced in my I Pad because it kept showing on screen to connect to I tunes and when plugged in for recharge it keeps showing the same thing the recharge plug and the Itunes logo how do i get it working again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry about the issue Chrissy. Your iPad is not asking you to replace the battery. There was nothing with battery. That screen indicates that the either firmware/software of your iPad is corrupted or the internal board has failed.

If that didn't work,then your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes application (from computer) by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is the only way to get it to working condition unless it is hardware related.

But if you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here :

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. If the above doesn't work or if you are not satisfied, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied.

Please let me know how it goes