Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I keep getting this pop up when i'm trying to upload an

Customer Question

I keep getting this pop up when i'm trying to upload an already edited video. It says, "this item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera."
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Tried last night when I finished the video. Tried a few things I found online with the "re-import" thing and when I try that it doesnt import, it just closes the window of the "select to import" screen.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just googling the pop up phrase and seeing what others have commented.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This is the only isue i have.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

From which application are you trying to Share the video?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am currently using iMovie.

You may have to use the reimport function. The initial import may have not ran correctly. Please, do that and report back with your status.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried this but when I click "import selected" or "import all" the window just closes itself out without attempting to import at all.

Thank you for the update. It sounds like there is an issue with the importing. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hmm....
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I shall try to figure out how to re-import the files a little while longer for now.Thank you.

Thank you. I will be standing by.