Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My brother recently passed away. I have his death

Customer Question

My brother recently passed away. I have his death certificate if needed. How do I convert this I pad over to me without his password. Do I need to come down to Troy much from Wesr Branch Mich to do this?
C. Chard ***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.
  1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
    When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
  3. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I followed your instructions but the iPad still asks for my brothers password. What he told me before he passed away doesn't work
Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

You saw the recovery mode screen on the ipad? and itunes is open while the ipad is plugged into computer?