David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

I have a 13" Macbook Pro 10.10.5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I have a 13" Macbook Pro 10.10.5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB. A CD is stuck and I have tried all the methods of trying to eject it that are mentioned online - including the paperclip method. It keeps spinning and going back into iTunes to play. Can you please help? Also what is the small hole on the left of the DVD/CD player? Thanking you!!
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It began this morning - so I have had a frustrating day so far!
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Rebooting and holding down the option & eject key. the paperclip method, turning the macbook sideways while holding down the eject button, downloading disk eject and using the advanced part...
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I think I bought it in 2012 and about 6 months ago upgraded ti Yosemite, and have had problems ever since!
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes, how to prevent the spinning beach ball, which comes up all too often!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is David. Welcome to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

The problem sounds like the slot is blocked. It could be the dust cover blocking the eject.

There is a method of ejecting a stuck disc using a credit card or stiff piece of card. I have had success with this method in the past.

It's tricky to describe, so I will link a few documents that show how to do it.

Try with one card first. Put a small bit of pressure on the disc inside the slot loading drive. Then try the eject.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks in advance,