Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

After downloading a 35-minute VHS successfully, I tried to

Customer Question

After downloading a 35-minute VHS successfully, I tried to preview what I would be burning onto a DVD. Video was okay, but though the audio had been good during the download, there is no audio in the playback from the computer during the preview. The wiring all appears to be okay, since the audio was fine during the VHS --> iMac(OS X 10.11.6, El Capitan).
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

What specific program is it that you used to convert the VHS to digital format on your mac?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Thank you.

After you installed the program, did you update it?

https://www.roxio.com/enu/support/software_updates/easy-vhs-to-dvd-mac/software_updates.html

Also, sometimes if you have the capture device plugged in before Easy VHS to DVD is started, no audio will be outputted. What you need to do is remove the capture device from the USB port, then start Easy VHS to DVD. The software is going to prompt you to insert the capture device. Once you do that, now you can capture audio

Lets try both those steps in order and then let me know whether they worked or not.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.