Kevin T
Kevin T, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

I have a 32G ipad serial # DKVP101DDVG0. Some months ago my

Customer Question

I have a 32G ipad serial # DKVP101DDVG0. Some months ago my husband changed the apple id from 164DMariners to a new id he wrote down in a notebook, which he has lost. I do not have the id in my daytimer and cannot access applestore to download the new version of googlemaps. I need the information to set a new password ***** we can both write down in a secure place.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

You can sign out the old apple ID. Open the App store and go to the bottom. Click the apple ID.

In this Apple ID menu click sign out.

Remember to credit me for helping you by accepting answers and rating over 3 :)

Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

Did this work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not expect you to reply to my question, as I did not check the box for "start free trial". Thus, I did not request your help. When I signed up I though I was getting to the "Genius Bar" and only realized when payment was requested and after I had submitted a credit card, that I was not.I worked with genuine apple support for about an hour before my problem, which was compounded by a series of previous attempts, was ironed out. Apple support is free for Apple products.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

No problem, can you accept and close to you are charged no further. Anything more than 3 and i get points and costs nothing extra to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your reply is not clear. I did not ask for your advice and I did not use your advice. Do I accept your advice and then be charged for your advice, which I did not use? The answer from Apple involved about 1/2 hour of her and my time, working together. I needed her access to the Apple systems to figure out and correct the problem. I cannot rate your answer.