Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I wish to transfer the photos from The Iomega hard drive

Customer Question

I wish to transfer the photos from The Iomega hard drive back to my mac as I deleted them from i photo once I had backed them up. I can view them from the Iomega but want them back on the Mac
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Not a lot -- my late husband did the transfers to the hard drive.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't really know any. I have connected the iomega today and can view the pictures on the computer but I would like to import them back to it.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Thanks -- I am not experienced in this so don't know what I need to know!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

In order to be able to see the photos in iPhoto, you need to copy the photos from the iomega hard drive to the "Pictures" folder on your computer. After that, the photos will automatically be available in iPhoto.

Let me know if you can do that.

If not, I can do that for you over a secure remote assistance.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Please type your reply here, on this page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will go into The Apple store near me tomorrow to see if they can help and if not then I will get back to you,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

You don't need to do that. I can help you transfer the photos right now using a secure remote assistance - I can remotely connect to your computer and do this for you.

Let me know if you would like that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think I would prefer to speak to someone with both machines available. Thanks, ***** ***** doesn't work I will come back to you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

I offered my assistance since you came here first. But, no problem, you can go elsewhere.

I am here if you need me.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since we last communicated, and you mentioned going elsewhere for assistance, so I am wondering if the issue is still there or it has been resolved?

Let me know by sending me a reply below.