tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

How to I open my Apple iPad when screen reads, "iPad is

Customer Question

How to I open my Apple iPad when screen reads, "iPad is disabled...connect to iTunes"?
I THINK the iPad was somehow "disabled" when we got a different Modem/Router,
although I was able to connect to the internet via the new modem with this laptop, my Smart Phone, and my TV.
What do I need to do? My internet provider's technical service tells me that cannot
help me until I can at least access the iPad...but it will not allow me to move past
this initial message.
Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 3 months ago.

Hi Charlotte,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The "connect to iTunes " message on the iPad means that the iPad will need to be restored using a computer with iTunes software installed on it.

Do you have iTunes on your laptop?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

No, this is a new laptop computer. Should I go to iTunes and open an

account? I'm a grandmother who went to college with card catalogs and typewriters, and I thought iTunes was for MUSIC.???

iTunes is also used to install firmware on the iPhones and iPads, it also manages back ups from your iPhone and iPads. You don't have to open an account on iTunes. You can download it to your computer from this link>PLEASE CLICK HERE<

After you download and install iTunes you can connect the iPad and iTunes will restore the iPad for you. Then the iPad will work normally again.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

OK I will do so, but give me a few minutes to get back to this page and rate your answer....as I do need to see that this iTunes feature works for my iPad.

no problem, take your time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Ok I downloaded iTunes on to my laptop and connected my iPad to my computer. But what do I do on the iTunes page/site as nothing is happening. My iPad still says "iPad is disabled..connect to iTunes.

there should be a box giving you the option to restore the iPad. Do you see the box?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Where would that box be located? Across top of screen I see an option to click on iPad which I did but that just takes me to another Apple Support page.

click on the blue link below, the iTunes screen should look like the image in the link.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I have been responding to you on my smartphone. My iTunes screen just says Thank you for downloading iTunes

Then it has ADS for new Apple products. I do not see screen that you show above.

Where do I go from the initial Than you page?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

OK I am now responding on my laptop, but I still do not see where I should "go" to pull up the screen that you sent an image of above....???

Did you click on the downloaded iTunes file and choose run or install?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Well the page I got had a blue box that said DOWNLOAD....which I did as I clicked on it. There was no option to RUN. or INSTALL

I did force restart my iPad and got a screen with red circle and white notes and with an arrow suggesting that I plug in iPad to computer.

Computer nor iPad never gives me option to RESTORE or UPDATE.

Okay, you have downloaded the iTunes software file but it has to be opened and installed. The downloaded file will be in your download folder on the computer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Ok..

We are trying...two old retired people.

OR MAY I DOWNLOAD THE ITUNES TO MY SMARTPHONE AND CONNECT IT TO MY IPAD?

No, the iTunes has to be on your computer.

I can do this for you with a secure remote screen connect session.

I will send you the information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

The help that you and your team have provided thus far has been helpful, but my iPad remains disabled. I appreciate your offer to use a "secure remote connection", but to be honest, in these days and times, I do not quite trust your "secure remote connection". I do NOT want to use it at this time for an additional $39! I will try to use another laptop with iTunes to solve the problem or return to the place of purchase.

If and when my iPad remains disabled with my additional efforts, I may get in touch with you again.

When I am able to obtain additional assistance to solve the problem I will be able to rate your assistance as provided thus far.

You may certainly check with me in another week, but please let it be clear that I am NOT authorizing any additional charges to my credit card at this time.

Thank you

okay, I understand.

Thank you!