Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Cannot share images with contacts using Picasa 3. Get error

Customer Question

Cannot share images with contacts using Picasa 3. Get error message "You must be connected to the Internet to us this feature" Get same response if I try to open my Google Account.
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: Only this morning-yesterday messge was that URL won't upload
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried downloading later version of Picasa-that didn't work
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks that is my problem at this stage
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, when was the last time you were able to successfully use Picasa to share photos?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Using Windows XP last used Picasa 3 early June
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing heard. Dustin did you receive my response?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Lets try a simple step. If we dont like the outcome, we can undo this step with just a few clicks.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would not restore to earlier date.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Did it give an error?

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure whether this is relevant. Yesterday I tried to download an updated version of Picasa. That didn't work, however I was left with a Pop-Up menu for a program SlimcleanerPlus which wouldn't close. I ended up deleting it through Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. Was having problem with Picasa before that however message yesterday was "Error. Failed to retrieve URL for upload"
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hmm.. Its possible the program damaged your DNS settings or that there is a virus.

lets step back from focusing on Picasa for just a moment. And try this

Download, i nstall and run this free program

Once the scan completes, right click any red items it finds and then click apply to all > delete

Then click next.. Then, click activate free license.. Enter your email address twice. And then click next.. It will then remove whatever it found.

Now, if it did find any red items let me know. After the scan completes and the computer restarts, try to upload from picasa or share again, will it let you do so now?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is not a free program-not prepared to keep spending money or download programs I know nothing about. We don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have Norton Antivirus-have done a scan-all it found was a few cookies.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hit man pro offers a 30 day free trial, they dont require you to enter any of your details or payment info, all they require is just an email address to register.

Hitman pro looks for things Norton doesnt. Also, si nce you said your computer can not restore to an earlier date, thats usually a sign of a virus, or windows corruption. Once you have ran Hitman pro, please let me know.

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you after you viewed my reply. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please respond when you can so we can either work through this issue or mark it as resolved, thank you.

Dustin S