Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I keep getting a message that my hd is almost or full, Ive

Customer Question

i keep getting a message that my hd is almost or full, Ive been moving files all week to external drive or to cloud. Now I realized my some of my stored safari passwords are missing. i didn't move any system files. just docs and pics
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: reset?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried to look up in keychain for my password, those are limited too
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, do you use time machine?

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OS X Yosemite 10.10.5I have a time machine but I haven't been able to connect to it for a long time
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Understood, then your Safari passwords wont be backed up there.

If you have an ipad or iphone, you may be able to recover some of the passwords from your icloud keychain as shown here

Now, you mentioned you had tried looking in your keychain for the passwords. Do you mean the keychain manager on your mac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
keychain access
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Im assuming you dont have an Iphone or ipad we can view some of the stored passwords from?

When you went to keychain access on your mac, did you search by website, or username? I know you mentioned the passwords in keychain were limited.. Browsing your keychain can be a bit daunting if you arent familiar with it.. How thorough were you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I went through every listing on the password ***** I then looked and saw that there was a backup from late June or July on the iCloud. But I really don't know how to access those. Looking through my iPhone not all the passwords are listed but a lot of the missing one were there.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

If your mac is connected to your home network wirelessly, then the password ***** *****

Maybe a guide through the process will help.

Other wise I could connect to your mac from here and help you find or change your wireless password.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you after you viewed my reply. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please respond when you can so we can either work through this issue or mark it as resolved, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there, my laptop died and then when i tried to get back to the site, my history was erased and I couldn't remember what website you were on. (main issue I am having) . Later I received your email, but when I got to the site, it asked me for my logon and password, again something that was saved but erased. So, the directions you offered, do they refer only for a network password?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

when you are in keychain access, that will show you all your saved passwords.

Launch “Keychain Access” located in /Applications/Utilities/ (Keychain Access can be easy to access from Spotlight with Command+Spacebar)

If you browse through keychain access, you should be able to locate most if not all, of your saved passwords.

However, depending on the browser you had your passwords saved through, they may not have saved to the keychain.