Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am on an iMac, OS El Capitan, 10.11.5, using QuarkXPress

Customer Question

I am on an iMac, OS El Capitan, 10.11.5, using QuarkXPress 9. Quark icon on the dock appears to be closed, but the computer won't shut down, saying that Quark is still open. Force Quit shows that it is open, but it won't respond to Force Quit. Help.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have had the computer since 2009. Installed El Capitan a few weeks ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing but Force Quit which is not working.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Don't know what else he/she will need to know. Ask and I'll try to answer.
Category: Mac
Expert:  bmelke replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Please make sure you save all your data and then press the power button and keep it pressed until the system shuts down. Restart the system as usual and the problem should be gone. Please let me know what the results are