Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Virusis infecting the iPad and not allowing me to close or

Customer Question

virus(###) ###-####is infecting the iPad and not allowing me to close or use Safari. How do I get rid of the virus? CanI safely shut the computer down without losing content?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is not a Virus but a SCAM message. iPads are invulnerable to viruses. Don't call any number you see there. Follow the steps below to remove that message.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad boot (if you don't know your iPad's passcode, don't do this step). Instead just press Home button to close Safari.

Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the scam message. You can now open Safari without getting that message.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Sara, just checking. How is it going ? Were you able to remove that message ?

Doing the above steps are safe and will not delete anything from your iPad.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

You can safely shutdown without losing anything from your iPad. Just turn it off/shut down or press and hold down Home and Power button until it shows the Apple logo to force reboot it.

Then this is the most important step you have to do (without opening Safari). Open Settings app, tap Safari option, tap Clear History and Website Data and clear it. This will remove it.

Now you can close Settings and open Safari without getting that virus.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?