Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a PC purchased in 2014 with ITunes and prior to that

Customer Question

I have a PC purchased in 2014 with ITunes and prior to that a PC for about years. I have not had any issues prior to recent events. many of my songs are grayed out and the songs have the cloud next to it. when I attempt to highlight it does not do anything (there is an msg that says "download" but nothing happens. how can I retrieve these songs back to my PC.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That cloud icon means the songs are not in iTunes Library, but they are in Apple cloud. You have to download them.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account menu and select Purchased (or go to iTunes Store and select Purchased on right side)
  4. This will Purchased screen. Click "Not in My Library" to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
  5. Click Download All button and all your songs will be downloaded.

When they are being downloaded, you will see a Download ( button with downward arrow) at top right. Click it to see download progress.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Note : Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem. If the above steps doesn't work, please let me know instead of rating the answer.