Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Last night while using my iPod I noticed that the screen

Customer Question

good morning last night while using my iPod I noticed that the screen just blacked out I cant rest it cause the home button doesn't work when I plug it in to charge it makes the charging sound. what should I do?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since last night. I purchased the IPod oline from someone and he did mention that the home button didn't work. I was using assistive touch and outta no where that stopped working as well.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I cant use the home button so I've been pressing the power button forever and that still doesn't work.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes, my home button doesn,t work and I'm not anywhere near an apple store for repair.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 2 months ago.

You can't put an iPod in recovery mode without using the home button. You also can't reset it. Does it make the same noise when you connect it by USB to your computer? Have you checked if it is detected on the computer?