Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I've locked myself out of my computer because I don't know

Customer Question

I've locked myself out of my computer because I don't know my password. I used that retrieval partition thing but it required my password ***** I could no longer access my computer. All this happened because I was on my way to downloading El Capitan and it wouldn't let me finish because it needed the admin password. Nothing works- not even apple name because the guy at Apple years ago set it up so I couldn't use that. Now what?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? What exactly happens when you turn on your Mac ?