Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I want to back up my MAC using a Toshiba external hard

Customer Question

I want to back up my MAC using a Toshiba external hard drive. Never did it before and am not very good with computers. Any help to do this will be appreciated. I am mostly interested in getting all my saved photos onto the external hard drive.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Only had my MAC about half a year. PC's before. I am 68 and not good at the technical aspects of computers. Just using Safari, email, Facebook, FaceTime.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not tried to back up yet as I wasn't even sure if the Toshiba would work for my MAC but did get far enough to know that I can use it.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Just that I only have basic knowledge of using my MAC. Nothing technical.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kevin T replied 6 months ago.

Hi

For the MAC to be able to see your hard-drive their must be a few things you need setting up on the hard-drive itself.

If you like, I could connect to your computer and get this up and running for you.

What time zone are you in, could you manage around 8:30PM Central Time USA?

Regards

Kris

Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

I can help you now. Just accept the offer and I will give you instructions...

I will need some information before we begin:

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under OS X ??)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Do you want help? Are you still there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I figured my problem out myself and closed your site. I assumed since I did not get any advice, I would just have to pay the $5 fee, as that was what I had read. But today, a $30 charge from JustAnswer came in an email from my Paypal account. I want the $25 taken off, as I never used your service.
Anne Nickol
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

I was waiting for the info I asked for of course...I hope you reformatted the drive for Mac. I am just a user like you on this site I have no control over your account.

You can contact Customer Service at***@******.***

Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Did you contact support?