Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

I have my Mom's ipad, she has died. I need to get in and

Customer Question

I have my Mom's ipad, she has died. I need to get in and delete her username and all paswswords and I do not know hwat the passwords were
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today. I am very sorry to hear of your mother's passing; you have my condolences. If you have any issues with the instructions below, please let me know.

You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone:
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site:
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off
- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
Option 1: Click the iPhone icon that is located near the top left of the iTunes window. It will look like a small iPhone. Now, click Backup and complete that. Once it is complete, click the Restore button and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPhone) and then click the Backup button. Once that completes, click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose to set it up as a new iPhone. Do not choose to restore anything.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page: