Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

MacBook Pro is not starting. Battery more than half,

Customer Question

MacBook Pro is not starting. Battery more than half, loading. No respons when I try to start.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This problem you are asking about may be owing to a variety of causes, so I'll suggest a few things to try, not all of which may work:

- try powering it On *with* the AC Adapter plugged in.

- try holding down the Start button very firmly, then wiggling your finger on the button from side to side for a bit, and see if that overcomes a dirty or defective button, perhaps.

Let me know a bit more about the problem, or how those two suggestions go, please, in Reply To Expert. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The AC adapter is plugged in. Battery is now almost full. No result from holding Start button down firmly and wiggling my finger.

Is there nothing on the screen, nothing in the way of lights lighting up, etc.?

Is it possible that the Starting button got dirty in any way, from any source?

(If so, blow it out with compressed air from an air compressor of the sort used to inflate automobile tires.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is nothing on the screen. No light on the button. I have been working with Mac since 1987, Mac Plus with only one diskett (No hard drive) and I own 15 different Mac Computers. This one is the only one not working. I am not working in much dirty area.

OK.

How old is the MacBook in question, please?

And how recently did it last work properly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is Model No: 1286 from 2009. Worked properly 2 weeks ago. 240GB ScanDisk.

Then I think you may have a 'broken' MacBook, I'm sorry to say. Being dead, having no response to being powered on whether on battery power or on AC Adapter power, the starting button not responding and not being dirtied presumably... the last thing to try is, to remove the battery and try it on only AC Adapter power (if the battery is removable), and try it on only battery power also.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will take it to my MacService tomorrow. They will fix it for $30. Can you remove me from "JustAnswer". I think I will not use it any more. Thank You.

I provided an answer that you are following, and you think JustAnswer service is worthless? what a shame.

I cannot remove you from JustAnswer.com. As an Expert I advise customers on technical matters relating to my fields of specialization.

You will have to contact Customer Service at JustAnswer, through

***@******.***

to have that done.

Thank you for asking your question here. Good luck with the repair.