Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Tech support I have a problem with one of my 3steppers

Customer Question

Hello Tech support I have a problem with one of my 3steppers webstite, my name is ***** ***** the name that is on the top to the left is ***** *****=wrong when it should be Richard Mullen= correct name . The serves that are using it are Dominomail and they must have pased it on to,State-of-the-art-mailer and I do not know how they got my email I am not a member with them. DO I need to send them new links or can the fix the wrong name. I am getting all the replys from the wrong name to me. So it is my account, Thank YOU ANY HELP WOUD BE GREAT, RICHARD MULLEN
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am sorry to hear about this problem; it must be quite annoying, and I'd like to provide advice that will sort it out properly.

Please tell me, before I offer advice as to what to do: Do you own the '3steppers' website yourself? is it under your proprietorship or did you pay for it?

(If so, you ought to be able to straighten out the incorrect information.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I own that site and paid to start my owen Bussines and this website keep coming to my address with no offers. I am loosing money on paying servers to send out my advertizing and they screen up the name because I have check all my email and they are all correct with the correct name , I do no know how this could happen only then the server place anonther ad under my spot?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a typo were it says they sceen up , it is sould say screw up

OK, I see. It sounds like a most unfortunate situation.

First: Is the email address on the website, yours? does email (e.g. a test) sent from the website, get received in your email account OK?

Second: if it is your website, the name ought to be editable by you. Log into the website's administrative facility, edit that page, correct your name (is the usual procedure. If you need help with any details, let me know.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when open the email that I sent to the serve is correct and when I get a reply it open as me,
But the wrong won that has the name wrong comes the my email account and open with the wrong name, the serve had to have screwed this up and I have contacted them many times, I would give up and opt out but I have to much money with them. I hope you can understand this I even copied the bad file and was able to open up the body off the software and I canged the name myself and resent it, they did no use my new email address the just keep puching out the same ads when they first got them.

So, is the problem page simply misspelled, as to your name?

Or is it not sending emails to you?

I'm not quite sure what the problem is at this point, that's why I ask.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The problem in the misspelled name and how is getting great for a sale, is he all so getting emails set back him or just me that is getting all the returned email with people whant to join. I think I need to go back to the servers and find out.

I think these are matters for your web hosting company to settle.

It sounds as if you tried to Edit the web page, to change your name back, but were not able to somehow. Is that the case? If so, again, you need to get with your web hosting company on the matter.

And if they cannot get your name straight, even when you request it be corrected, and if they cannot do business for you, then they are not worthy of your business, I'm sorry to have to say, but it's the honest truth, I think.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry I am so slow getting back to you, I am a Disabled Marine and I have no body left, my back ,I have had 5 surgerys 3 of those 5 were major back fusons at 3 levels , 3 times they went in and then I neede a new knee from a round going right thru ,But the 3 round I also took with 2 buddys over each shoulder they made it. , I am 6'3" 220lbs and there was no way those pricks were going to take me down.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank You

Good to hear you got through it.

If this concludes the case for you, a rating would be appreciated. Don't worry about getting back to me, a slow pace is good. And if you just need a break from discussing this, to resume it later, that's fine too.

What shall it be?