IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

My Apple ID is disabled. I reset the password but it is

Customer Question

My Apple ID is disabled. I reset the password ***** it is still disabled. What should I do next?
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Just this morning.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing else but the reset of the password
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me where do you see that the account is disabled - on your iPhone, iPad or your computer?

I am awaiting your reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Please open a web browser on either your iPad or another device, such as a computer, and go to this web address:

There type your Apple ID and the latest password.

Let me know if you could sign in.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was able to sign in.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Good. It means the account should work just fine; however, in case it still says "Account disabled" on your iPad, I suggest doing the following:

- Signing out of your Apple ID on your iPad

- Changing the password ***** the Apple ID page

- Signing back to your Apple ID on your iPad

To sign out of your Apple ID on your iPad, follow these instructions:

1. On the home screen, tap on Settings
2. Tap on iTunes & App Store
3. Tap on your current Apple ID shown at the top
4. Tap on Sign Out in the popup menu that appears
5. Confirm the current password ***** asked

Once you have signed out, do not sign back in right away, but use a web browser to manually change the password.

Do that like this:

1. Open a web browser and go to and sign in to your Apple ID
2. Once signed in, click on "Password ***** Security". You might be asked to answer your security questions in order to proceed
3. In the "Choose a new password" section, click on "Change Password"
4. Now enter your current password ***** then enter a new password ***** confirm it
5. Click on "Change Password" to save the changes

Now wait for about 5 minutes and sign back in to your Apple ID on your iPad by going to Settings and tapping on iTunes & App Store.

iTunes & App Store

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Followed instructions but still did not work
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

That's strange. If you have used this Apple ID before and it worked, but it now stopped working, you will need to contact the Apple support by phone and report the problem. They will be able to see why the account is suddenly locked.

To contact the Apple support by phone, call 1-***-***-****

In the menu, say "Apple ID" or "iPad" and continue with the instructions until you get transferred to an Apple agent.

Alternatively, you can create a new Apple ID with a new name and new credit card information. You can do that on this link:

That new Apple ID should be accepted by your iPad.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.