cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I got MacKeeper to clean up my Mac but now I cannot get

Customer Question

I got MacKeeper to clean up my Mac but now I cannot get Safari which I was accustomed to, but now I get Google that intrudes and seem to have replaced my Safari. I am going crazy with frustration.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

1. Quit (or force quit if necessary) Safari
  2. In the Finder, hold Option while pulling down the Go menu and select Library. (Note that the Library choice only appears while Option is held down.) This opens your user Library folder, which contains all sorts of settings and config files.
  3. In the your Library folder, open the Saved Application State subfolder.
  4. Inside Saved Application State, find the com.apple.Safari.savedState subfolder. This folder contains information about open windows and tabs, to allow Safari to reopen them automatically.
  5. Move the com.apple.Safari.savedState folder (and only that folder) to the trash.
  6. Reopen Safari. It should come up with a single window, showing your default start page (if any). Your bookmarks etc should be intact, just the open windows and tabs (including the obnoxious MacKeeper one) should be gone.

Let me know how this goes fro you .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am paying too much money and yet the problem is not solved .The instructions for the possible solution are too complicated for my knowledge level. I will have to go to an apple store for a solution. Darn!!!
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 6 months ago.

Did you try going to applications (lower left corner of screen) then drag safari back to your dock on your screen? Then you can use safari again. If you do not want to use Chrome and want to get rid of it, go to bottom of your screen in your dock and right click on chrome and click on quit, then go to applications on the dock (far left hand corner) and click on it, find Chrome, then click and drag to your trash can on your dock.

Let me know if this works.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning, is everything okay? Can I help you any further?