Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I bought the Insignia Mini display Port to HDM1 cable.

Customer Question

I bought the Insignia Mini display Port to HDM1 cable. Connected to my MAC. But there is no connection.
DO I need to do something to the Mac to get the dual display?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I prefer option 2. But Its not the same computer I am talking on.Should I log out here and log in on the other Mac?I am only attempting to conect the telivision to the mac.

If you are near the other computer, you can stay on this one. After you plug in the adapter and turn the TV on and plugged in, do the following:

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left
- Click System Preferences
- Click Displays/Screens

Enable the 2nd screen on that page and verify that it is showing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I supose we can do it on this computer , but this isnt the computer Im trying to connect television.Deffinately prefer remoteI need to log out then log back into just answer on the computer with issues

Okay, let's do the remote now. I see that the payment for remote service was blocked by your bank. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company and ask them to remove the block. After that is complete, you may click the Accept this Offer button once more.