Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

While using my iPad earlier today a screen came up telling

Customer Question

While using my iPad earlier today a screen came up telling me that my iPad was not activated. I was to enter my username (*****@******.***) and password ***** when the device was initially placed in service. I used my current Apple pw which it would not accept. I have the following questions:
1. What on earth caused my device to be interrupted in the middle of what I was doing and demand to be activated?
2. Why on earth am I expected to have the pw used when I first placed this device in service?
3. And lastly, what am I to do the get my iPad back in service?
William W. Rowe
Category: Mac
Expert:  bmelke replied 2 months ago.

HI I'm Bill and I will be helping you today. It seems you are having a problem with apple validation. Apple requires you to activate at different times, mostly when you access iTunes or the Apple Store. You should have an apple id, I assume is the one you listed. You might have forgot your password ***** think it is something different than what Apple thinks. Please go to!&page=signin and click where it says "Forgot Apple ID or password" that will take you into a screen where you can reset your password ***** it will be sent to you at your email address. Please let me know when you are done.