Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Mac mini it completely shuts down about 3 to4 times

Customer Question

I have a Mac mini it completely shuts down about 3 to4 times a week for no apparent reason it is frustrating can you help or tel me why it does this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

When you say it shuts down 3-4 times a week, what do you mean by shut down? Do you mean that it completely cuts off like the power was cut off?

Or, does it freeze or lockup but you can still tell the machine is turned on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it freezes up then it goes to black screen and tells me something is wrong and to hit any key to reboot. it shut down while i was contacting you just a few minuets ago
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Can you take a picture of that screen the next time you see it.

This may seem like a strange request, but I can tell a lot from the format and the way the message displays, as to what the issue is.