Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Apparently my apple password has been compromised and is

Customer Question

apparently my apple password ***** been compromised and is being used to purchase various itunes products.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry about the issue. You should reset your password ***** and also remove your credit card info from Apple (change it to None). First remove your credit card. You can do that from your iPhone itself

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID.
  3. Enter your password ***** asked (if your password ***** ***** working, then you need to reset it. See the next set of instructions to reset password ***** then change payment to None).
  4. Tap Payment Information.
  5. Tap None and this will remove the card from your Apple ID. You can add it later.

Then reset your Apple ID password. You can reset it from here (go to this website from your computer) -->

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again -->

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password.

Also login to your Apple account online from this website, then change the Security questions and answers -->

After resetting the password, I'd recommend to enable two setup verification on your Apple account, so it won't be hacked again. Refer this article -->

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Once you done all the above, you should also contact Apple iTunes department and request them to refund those charges. They will refund those since those are not authorized by you.

To contact iTunes Support, go to this link website -->

Click Get Help under Talk to Us. Click iTunes & Apple Music. Click iTunes Store. Click Purchase, Billing and Redemption.

Click Unrecognized charge

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you. or click Talk to Apple Support Now.

Then you can request them to refund those charges and they will do it. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will answer them all until you are fully satisfied.