Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

It's suddenly become very selective about which photos it

Customer Question

It's suddenly become very selective about which photos it will import from my iPhone. Just now it imported only some of the photos I took today at a wedding. It also ignored a whole bunch I took on holiday last week. I restarted the phone and then it picked out couple of selfies I took a few months ago. What is going on do you think?
JA: What kind of Mac do you have (Pro, Air, iMac, mini)? What year is it from?
Customer: It's a stationary./tabletop Dont't know the right word in Engiish. Must be a good 6 years old now
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) are you running?
Customer: 10.9.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No updates. Everything fine until just now. Haven't tried any troubleshooting yet apart from restarting iPhone
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you have any uploading apps like Dropbox installed, then delete it and then try to import again.

If that didn't work, then reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom. Then try to import again.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.