Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I lost a phone and then got a new phone and connected it to

Customer Question

hi I lost a phone and then got a new phone and connected it to my computer and it gave me options to restore phone - and what i really wanted to do was just create a new phone on my computer... now all my photo's and recent voice memos have gone back to what was on my old phone!! and I really needed to just down load the new photo's and memos!! can I undo the restore and go back to what was on my new phone?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: My MacBook Pro laptop is running OS x Yosemite version 10.10.5
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my phone is an iPhone5
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's good
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm very sorry that you lost your files. Unfortunately you can't undo it. It is almost impossible to recover overwritten data from the iPhone.

Your only hope is iCloud backup. If there is iCloud backup of new phone, then you can restore your phone to that backup.

Now you can erase your iPhone and restore to iCloud backup if any available. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing the iPhone, it will ask you to setup it. While setting up, select Restore from iCloud and this will restore your iPhone to more recent backup of this phone (not old phone). You can also setup it as new iPhone if you want after erasing all contents and settings.

Let me know how it goes please.